Search This Blog

Thursday 11 November 2010

The TRIA Trial: Update

Hi everyone, and sorry for the delay in posting! I have now completed my eight mandatory treatments (they are monthly now rather than fortnightly), and should by now be seeing some very good results. I am meant to continue using my tria monthly for a further six months to get the very best results.

Soooo….the results so far….hair has definitely reduced (probably by about 50%) and re-growth is both slower and softer. It probably takes three weeks for the hairs that have not been destroyed to grow back. I no longer get stubble rash and my skin is noticeably softer. However, I am a bit disappointed that after the mandatory eight treatments I am only 50% hair free.

I have carried out further research on the tria and spoken to people who have tried it. It appears the paler your skin and the darker your hair the better and quicker the results. I think that could be the problem with me, and why I have had slower results; I have pale skin but my hair is light brown. Right now I am considering whether to continue with the 50% left over the next few months, or whether to sell my tria on to someone who has the right hair for it. I would then pay for some professional treatments, where they can use a different laser to suit my hair type. This will be more costly for me, but as it is only a small area (and not legs etc) it could be done at around £100 a session (I probably won’t need the full 8 sessions again as I have made a good start). Going to mull this one over……..

PS if I decide to sell and anyone is interested in buying a tria in excellent condition, still stored in its original packaging with the guarantee let me know. I haven’t used it on large areas such as legs so it still has heaps of life in it. My only advice would be that you have dark body hair, not light brown like me (unless you are prepared to be very patient to wait for good results). It is not suitable for Asian or tanned olive skin.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Clare, I accidently clicked on the "delete" button instead of "publish" on the comment you left on my blog... and can't get it back! So feel free to submit it again!

    That's a shame so much hair is still growing back after the 8 weeks. It definitely does sound like it's because your hair isn't dark and thick enough for the fastest results. Have you tried using a higher setting on the TRIA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, any idea how much you will need for it...I'm crazy hairy and just started finding info on this and would love to try it but not sure how much I can afford. Reply to boydette@msn.com

    ReplyDelete