Search This Blog

Thursday 15 July 2010

Review: Braun Silk-epil Xpressive Pro wet/dry Epilator


I treated myself to the new epilator to attempt to get smooth legs for my holiday. I hadn't used one before and boy! They hurt! However, the good thing about the latest model is you can use it in the bath which is meant to be less painful. I did find it less painful, however, the end result wasn't as smooth as the leg I did after the bath.
I did develop a rash afterwards but it had more or less disappeared by the next day. I am going to continue using it every couple of weeks to see if I can get smooth hair-free legs, but I have to say after my first attempt only parts of my legs are smooth, despite going over the same areas again and again. I am going to put it down to the fact that maybe some of the hairs weren't long enough as I had only refrained from shaving for a few days.
Anyway. Ill persevere with it but at the moment I am not hugely impressed. A friend of mine has said that the more you use it the better the results so I will hang on in there and see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. 16 August: Just to update I have used my epilator a couple more times since this intial review and can report the following things:

    1 - It does get less painful the more you use it.
    2 - using it in the bath does not produce as effective results on me as out of the bath.
    3 - It doesn't give you ultra smooth legs. Parts of your legs willbe smooth and stay smooth for a couple of weeks, but other parts will still feel a bit stubbley BUT will remain like that for a couple of weeks ie the hairs still grow as slow as the smooth bits!
    4 - overall I would recommend instead as shaving as you can get fairly smooth legs for a few weeks without having to shave regularly!

    ReplyDelete